Thanks for wanting to participate in the Homework Hotline Hall of Fame! Please read through the rules and privacy information and let us know if you have any questions!
How the Hall of Fame Works
Throughout the season, Homework Hotline provides opportunities for students to participate in our Hall of Fame, an ongoing interactive leaderboard. During each episode, students are asked a question which varies depending on the day of the week - Mondays are Math Mazes (Tricky math problems!), Tuesdays are Creature Teasers (Highlighting cool animals from around the world!), and Wednesdays are Brain Teasers (Topic changes each season - could be famous people or interesting places). For each correct answer that a student submits, they will get a point. Students are grouped based on their grades - 3rd-5th, 6th-8th, 9th-12th. The student with the most points in their grade level at the end of the season will win a prize!
Hall of Fame Rules
- HH Hall of Fame is for students in grades 3 through 12.
- There will be only one winner per grade category (3rd-5th, 6th-8th, 9th-12th).
- Daily challenge questions can only be answered for 24 hours. Once a new questions is posted, correct answers to the previous day's question will no longer count towards the Leaderboard.
- Answer can be submitted as many times as possible, however once the correct response is submitted it will only count ONCE. NOTE: If the correct answer is sent online and over the phone, the answer will only count once.
- Winners will be announced the final week of the season.
- Public television station employees' children and family members are not eligible to participate.
- Winners of HH Hall of Fame cannot win two consecutive years in a row.
Homework Hotline wants to make this site a place where parents and caregivers are happy to have their children interact and learn. We are committed to protecting the safety and well-being of children, and we continually work to ensure that our data collection practices conform to all applicable laws, including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
Collection & Use of Personal Information
- If Homework Hotline collects information, it is solely for the purpose of selecting participants for a contest or for the Hall of Fame. Any names, phone numbers, school grades, cities and states that are collected are only for Homework Hotline to notify students and their parental parties for possible contest participation parental consent.
- Any other uses of the personal information provided to Homework Hotline (from contests or Hall of Fame) will only be used for Homework Hotline research on their viewing audience, such as marketing demographics (i.e. viewership grade levels and New York State locations).
None of the personal information collected will be shared with or sold to third parties.
- At any time, parents or guardians have the right to review the child’s personal information that has been submitted, ask to have the information deleted and refuse to allow any further collection or use of the child’s information.
- If you have any questions or comments about Homework Hotline’s Privacy Practices or would like additional information, please contact Cara Rager via email, email@example.com, or phone, (585) 258-0356.
Homework Hotline is a production of WXXI Public Broadcasting Council in Rochester, New York.